Monday, May 11, 2015

Spring Festival

Hello all! This past weekend I worked a booth at an elementary spring festival and had a blast! This was my second year working at this festival and it was so much fun! So many lovely people stopped by my booth, complimented my work, and had henna done. I didn't have much time to snap pictures of my work so below are some pictures of the art I did on myself to prepare for the festival ahead of time.

Henna used to advertise the festival on social media

For the past year I've slowly bought decorations for my booth including: sarees, decorated plates and elephant and buddha figurines to make it much homier and it worked :) Unfortunately, I didn't get to take a picture of my tent all done up because the event organizer, who lent me the tent, started tearing down the event about 10 minutes before the scheduled ending so I had to take everything down before I had a minute to snap a picture of it :/ Other than that it was a wonderful event and I had a couple of people interested in booking me for parties so I'm excited and interested to see if they follow through with contacting me.

My henna the day of the festival

My next post will feature some of the decorations that were featured at the event as well as where I got them and how much they cost. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment